- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Butter; melted
- 6 eggs; yolks and whites separated
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Salt; separated
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat baking dish with melted butter and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Separately melt chocolate and butter and add to baking dish.
- Add yolks, nutmeg, vanilla, and 1 tsp salt.
- Whisk well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until whipped.
- Add 1 tsp salt and cream of tartar while continuing to beat.
- Add sugar and beat mixture until firm.
- Slowly mix the egg whites into the chocolate mix, stirring while combining.
- Fold mixture over itself, repeatedly until well combined.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked through.
- Carefully remove from oven and serve immediately
Pair with Clos du Bois Merlot.