Boost your weekday dinner with this simple and hearty recipe. Use any combination of leftovers or made-from-scratch ingredients to create a delicious and healthy meal. Grab a grain as your base, add vegetables, select a protein and mix it in with your favorite sauce! Here is our favorite recipe:
1 cup quinoa
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 cup brussels sprouts
2 cups kale, chopped
1 handful pomegranate seeds
1 can chickpeas
Maple Dijon Dressing
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp dijon
2 tsp maple syrup
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the sweet potato, brussels sprouts, chickpeas, and squash in the 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt.
- Place the veggies in their own sections on your baking tray and put in oven.
- Roasted vegetables cooking times:
• Sweet potatoes: 20-25 minutes
• Brussels sprouts: 25-30 minutes
• Squash: 25-30 minutes
• Chickpeas: 30-35 minutes
- Remove veggies from the oven and set aside.
- Place the chopped kale in a bowl and squeeze 1 tbsp of lemon juice on it and mix.
- For assembly, place some quinoa on the bottom of the bowl, and top with all the roasted vegetables, radish, shredded beets, kale, avocado, pomegranate seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Top with maple dijon dressing, or any other dressing you wish. and serve with our Chardonnay